Sunday, December 16, 2012

Nerd Love One Act Scene 2& 3


Scene 2- Auditorium
Narrator- Dylan and Lydia were having problems already so Virginia getting into the midst of this was not going to help and Marc would only complicate things.
Dylan- Why do you spend so much time with him?
Lydia- He is my kind of guy.
Dylan- You mean dumb?
Lydia- No, I mean mysterious. I mean makes me laugh and can be romantic in a serious manner.
Dylan- I am a more of a funny guy.
Lydia- I know. I love you, but I want a serious relationship.
Dylan- Do you mean…?
Lydia- No. I mean something that is deep and passionate.
Dylan- I don’t do deep and passionate.
Lydia- Uh, yes you do. Virginia.
Dylan- She needed me.
Lydia- Of course.
Dylan- I love you.
Lydia- Pick a duet.
Dylan- Okay. (He strums I Don’t Wanna Know by Fleetwood Mac, but it is more like the Glee version.)
Lydia- I think you should see other people.
Dylan- That implies you are already seeing someone else.
Lydia- I am not. I just want to.
Dylan- Like you just want to end your sentence in a preposition.
Lydia- Yes.
Dylan- I love you.
Lydia- You betrayed me.
Dylan- I love you.
Lydia- You think you do.
Dylan- I love you more than I love my guitar. I love you more than I love Ben Folds’ music. I love you more than anything.
Lydia- Enough to not be friends with Virginia?
Dylan- Yes.
Lydia- Okay you get another shot.
Scene 3- Courtyard
(Virginia sits at the lunch table by herself. Dylan comes over.)
Dylan- Lydia wants me to not hang out with you.
Virginia- Oh god.
Dylan- Relax. I told her yes, but you need me.
Virginia- You would go against her for me?
Dylan- Yes. Lydia can’t know.
Virginia- I feel so special.
Dylan- You should. I came all the way from the auditorium to get here just to sing with Regina Spektor slash Virginia I Don’t Know Your Last Name.
Virginia- Morrison.
Dylan- I am Ben Folds slash Dylan Robinson.
Virginia- Lydia would just keep her last name right?
Dylan- Lydia Moonbeam is more pretty than Lydia Robinson.
Virginia- What did you want to sing?
Dylan- I don’t know. Something us.
Virginia- You’ve Got a Friend?
Dylan- Too friendzone. Maybe I should sing something to you. (plays if I Needed Someone and sings to Virginia. She sings back-up. The two continuously look at each other.)
Virginia- Are  serious?
(Dylan leaves.)
Virginia- (sighs) I thought so.
(Lydia enters)
Lydia- Really? He was here, wasn’t he?
Virginia- You heard us?
Lydia- Of course. How couldn’t I?
Virginia- I don’t know.
Lydia- You are stealing him.
Virginia- I could easily say the same thing with Marc.
Lydia- You two broke up. And it was just one kiss.
Virginia- And you are telling me I am in the way?
Lydia- I like Marc. It was a stage kiss.
Virginia- You two need to leave each other.
Lydia- You have got to be kidding me. You are telling me what to do.
Virginia- You ignore confrontation and ignore when things are blatantly shoved in your face!
Lydia- I still don’t waltz around with other people’s boyfriends and sing songs!
Virginia- He called me his Regina Spektor. They never had any romantic relationship but…
Lydia- (broken) I know what he meant. (runs off stage)

No comments:

Post a Comment