Sunday, December 16, 2012

Nerd Love One Act Scene 4 and Epilogue


Scene 4- auditorium
Dylan- Marc, we need to talk.
Marc- Of course we do. It started as a peck but she wanted to go for tongue so we did.
Dylan- Goddamn it, that isn’t what I came for. I came to tell you something important in a Ben Folds song that now seems moot.
Marc- Sing it anyways.
(Dylan nods and cues the music Get Your Hands Off My Woman. One cannot simply censor this song. But one could try. Dylan gets way into it.)
Marc- How is that moot?
Dylan- I don’t love Lydia. Well if you are going back to Virginia, it applies.
Marc- Okay. That kiss was amazing.
Dylan- Did she put her arms around you?
Marc- Yeah.
Dylan- She doesn’t do that with me.
Marc- That sucks bro.
Dylan- Sucks barely covers it.
Virginia- Dylan Lydia and Marc kissed.
Dylan- I know. Want to do a real duet with me, or a solo? (Marc leaves and no one notices)
Virginia- I think there is a song that you need to sing.
(Dylan nods and plays and sings Bruised by Ben Folds.)
Virginia- I think I love you.
Dylan- I love you too.
Virginia- I love you.
Dylan- I love you too.
Virginia- Yet I barely know you.
Dylan- I think the things you don’t know about me are small things. I love Chai tea. I am a Libra. I am a nerdfighter and my favorite author is John Green. My favorite Beatle is George.
Virginia- DFTBA.
Dylan- What about you?
Virginia- I am a workaholic.
Dylan- Great. I can balance you.
Virginia- You always balance me.
(kisses her. The two are blind to Lydia walking in. They are involved in the kiss)
Dylan- (whispered) I love you.
Lydia- Why in the world are you kissing her?
Dylan- I love her!
Lydia- You are cheating on me!
Dylan- Sweet sacrilege.
Lydia- We are through.
Dylan- K.
(Lydia stomps out.)
Virginia- I love you.
Dylan- I love you too. The first and second kisses are always close.
Virginia- I have a song for you.
Dylan- Okay.
Virginia- (sings Ingrid Michealson’s The Way I am)
Epilogue- Auditorium
(Marc and Lydia are kissing onstage. Dylan and Virginia are holding hands, watching them.)
Dylan- (whispered) I made the right choice.
Virginia- I did.
Marc- (onstage) I love you Rachel Berriman!
Lydia- I love you Flynn Hudson! Gleek club would never be complete without us!
Marc- Finn and Rachel would be proud of us.
Dylan- I am so glad I am not part of this.
Virginia- It can only be so good when it is a satire of Glee attacking the fan base.
Dylan- Too much 80’s rock.
Virginia- It isn’t over yet.
(The cast, dressed as characters from Glee all come together and sing Don’t Stop Believing.)
Dylan- Now it is over. (He kisses her)

No comments:

Post a Comment